The Suicide Prevention Grants are now closed.
The WA Suicide Prevention Strategy 2020:
Together we can save lives
Around one person loses their life to suicide every day in Western Australia. The impact of this statistic is felt deeply and spans the entire community. Suicide Prevention 2020: Together we can save lives (Suicide Prevention 2020), aims to reduce the number of suicides in Western Australia’s by 50 per cent over the next decade.
The State Government has committed $26 million over four years to implement initiatives and programs aligned with six key action areas:
• Greater public awareness and united action across the community.
• Local support and community prevention across the lifespan.
• Coordinated and targeted responses for high risk groups.
• Shared responsibility across government, private and non-government sectors to build mentally healthy workplaces.
• Increased suicide prevention training.
• Timely data and evidence to improve responses and services
Suicide Prevention 2020 is strongly evidence based, and is informed by the latest research and the recommendations from recent reviews completed by Edith Cowan University, the Western Australian Ombudsman, and the Western Australian Auditor General.